(as of Oct 11,2021 07:02:44 UTC – Details)
Nutrition and Diet Therapy for Nurses will be a staple in your nursing library. Encompassing all aspects of nutrition, from the foundation of nutrition principles to the medical nutrition therapy, it presents a solid, evidence-based approach to nutrition.
Now, more than ever, it is crucial that nurses know how to interpret the science of nutrition and its role in health maintenance and disease. This new book helps the reader sift through the evolving field of nutrition, with information coming from the media, marketing promotions, the neighbor’s advice, and internet information. The easy-to-understand organization and features that focus on the latest evidence make this book comprehensive, while at the same time fun to read. Among the many useful chapter features, the reader will find:
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes that analyze the latest research in the field.
- Nursing Care Plans will correlate key concepts of the chapter with the nursing process.
- Hot Topics give the reader an overview of trendy nutrition topics and present the latest research
- Client Education Checklists are quick reviews of the major patient teaching points presented in the chapter and serve as a guide to implementing patient education.
- NCLEX-RN®-style questions for each chapter give readers a chance to review the material.